Občanské sdružení, které je členem České rady humanitárních organizací,
kolektivním členem Sdružení pro pomoc mentálně postiženým, čestným členem
spolku VLTAVAN Praha a patronem Domova Ráček o.p.s. v Rakovníku.
HANDICAP LYCEUM Prague Co.
Member of the Czech Council of Humanitarian Organizations
J. W. Goethe: "It is not enough to know, the known must be utilized; it is not enough to desire, the desired must be achieved"
The Association has the following mission:
To provide an educational, advisory, organizational and mediation service for handicapped people and their assistants and organizations.
The Association achieves this mission through the following activities in particular:
- it arranges educational and re-qualification courses and training with the assistance of experts and other educational organizations,
- it organizes rehabilitation stays, training and outward-bound camps, recuperative study trips and the like,
- it brings out publications, produces videos and maintains a video library (archive and rental shop) used also for non-commercial projections of other organizations,
- it engages in awareness-raising activities involving the integration of the handicapped, for which it organizes cultural, sporting and social events, festivals and shows,
- it collaborates with other non-profit organizations and provides them with educational, consultation and intermediation services,
- it maintains a directory of experts and arranges contacts with organizations which require their services. It takes part in the implementation of humanitarian projects created by other associations, foundations, general benefit organizations and other legal persons,
- it engages in other activity, especially involving clubs, to achieve its mission and if necessary, provides social services for disabled personnel pursuant to the Act on Social Services.
The term "assistant" is understood to mean: an assistant or guide, helper, attendant, pedagogical or rehabilitation worker, social worker, trainer, camp (section) leader and so forth.
The Board of Trustees of HANDICAP LYCEA Prague Co. issues course (training) participants with a "diploma" after final examinations. This may be a patent, a certificate of completion, a participation diploma and in some cases a course badge.
HANDICAP LYCEUM Praha o.s.,
President JUDr. Josef J. Veselý,
128 00 Prague 2, Plavecká 4/404
Org. reg. no. 61 38 35 46
Bank no. 193688867/0300